BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Baby Blues



I was very bored the other day. Probably spending my time watching tv, when I should have been doing homework. I picked up one of my acoustic guitars that was tuned to open D, meaning that if I strum all the strings open is a D major chord. When I use a slide, it just moves that chord up and down the fret board. But anyway, open tuning and the slide are used a lot for blues so I started jamming a blues riff, and my best friend Lindsey started telling me about her baby online. I started rambling off some random words from the perspective of her baby Kaden. This was what came out of it.

im just a little baby
laying on a pillow
i love my mamma
and my cat chitto

i gotta drink from the bottle
i dont get to choose
and now i wet myself,
ive got the baby blues

people always talking
when im trying to sleep
but ill wake them all up
when im ready to eat

im keepin my mamma up at night
she never gets a chance to snooze
oh please change my diaper
i got the baby blues

got a lot of new clothes
sometimes im dressed like a bear
when im out in public
all the women stare

but i cant do nothin about it
im just a little bit confused
you gotta get this diaper off me
i got the baby blues

i make a lot of faces
yeah i make em every day
my mamma cant get enough of me
she cant believe how much i weigh

ive got a lot of new toys
that i dont even know how to use
oh i smell real bad now
i got the baby blues

1 comments:

Emily said...

Love it! I had my baby a couple months before Lindsey so I can relate. I'm sure Lindsey loved the song as well.